ABOUT POTOSI PINES
With 160 acres of beautiful Nevada desert, Potosi is blessed with amazing views, cooler temperatures, and some of the finest hospitality around! Located just outside of Las Vegas, our United Methodist Conference camp is a wonderful escape from the city. For over 60 years we have offered unforgettable, enriching, immersive camp and retreat experiences for all ages. Our facility is available year-round – join us for one of our retreats, camps, or plan an event for your group!
Get the details for our Summer Camps and register here.
Plan a Retreat
Plan an event for your group to work, play, bond or just get away.
Do you have a heart for serving kids and God? Apply to be a volunteer camp counselor.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11
Tracey Brown, long-time Director of Potosi Pines Camp and Retreat Center, has been called to a new position. Beginning in October, she will serve as the Executive Director at Pilgrim Pines, a UCC Camp & Retreat Center located in Oak Glen, CA. Tracey has served joyfully and faithfully at Potosi Pines for over 13 years. We, using what we like to call “camp math,” believe the following to be true about her service here in the Desert Southwest:
- She has made approximately 134,000 s’mores and consumed 243 of them. (Can you really expect her to eat them all?)
- She has counted over 15,000,000 stars (but the rumor is she lost count once and had to start over, so we’re sure that count is actually much higher)
- She has learned and forgotten more ‘Dad’ jokes than most humans should hear in one lifetime.
- She has ensured that thousands of foster children can experience God’s love through a camp experience. What a blessing!
- She has patiently taught and developed an untold amount of youth and young adults as they mature—guiding them to be better people and better leaders for the glory of God.
- She has cultivated a warm and inviting community where all who come are challenged, inspired, loved, and welcomed for who they are.
For all these things, AND SO MUCH MORE, we will miss Tracey. Yet, we are sure Tracey will continue in the ministry of making disciples of Christ for the transformation of the world. Join us as we wish her well by sending an email or card to at email@example.com or 10910 Mount Potosi Canyon Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89161.